WELCOME TO WORD

Here at WORD we hope to create for you a comfort zone, your place to kick back relax and surf the web in an entertaining atmosphere. Our hope is that you will find this blog-site interesting enough to make this your home, please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions so we can further please your appetite.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 23, 2010

For The Record

For The Record

For the record
Let me emphatically impart
Putting pen to paper
I speak straight from the heart
I write not for fame and fortune
Or some other vain material award
To motivate one conscious thought
That for me is an acceptable reward

If I can sooth a troubled mind
With the lyrics I design
Convince some fearful souls
That the mountain they can climb
Then no appraise can define
The satisfaction I will find

For the record
Let me reiterate
Poetry is an art I totally appreciate
An effective tool I use to propagate
In dept thoughts I wish to communicate
And though my skill some do underrate
My passion for the art
Continuously radiates

These lyrics that I pen
My honor to defend
Rejected and despised
Maliciously categorized
Yet like the morning sun I rise
Eyes steadfast on the prize

For the record
I wish to make it crystal clear
That my commitment to the art
Is not for self aggrandizement or fanfare
But this gift this brother was granted
I do believe it was to share
To aid the troubled, and despaired
This is my motivation
Though some think me not sincere

For the record
These thoughts I wish you will arrest
Not penned, some fan-base to impress
Retaliatory inspired, this I will confess
To whom it may concern
It is written indirect

No comments:

Post a Comment