WELCOME TO WORD

Here at WORD we hope to create for you a comfort zone, your place to kick back relax and surf the web in an entertaining atmosphere. Our hope is that you will find this blog-site interesting enough to make this your home, please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions so we can further please your appetite.
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Simple Thought

A simple Thought
Part 1

They water washed the name
Removed the chains; hence
The indentured Servant
Half bond and half free
Andrew Johnson himself a runaway
Later 17th President of the USA
And when they said we all were free
The Indentured Servant
Turned around and spat on me
And said the color of my skin
Means to him; I was born because of sin
The preacher preaches to the pew

This was after the shackles and chains
Forcing on the African the massa's name
We cried we begged we fought
For freedom is but a farce
Without the freedom of thought
There is no freedom
Because man has made himself a slave
Fulfilling the design as it changes with time
They plan they plot they scheme
Pursuing the green
Selling the American dream
Many have paid with their soul

I exist with space and time
Created from the atoms of the Universe
Born from nature on planet Earth
Is energized by solar source
So we need the sun
To energize and keep it warm
Creating all that you see
I am who I am
No longer who I was taught to be
I am my mind

Was designed by cult-ure
And the order of the day
Because I was taught what to do
And all that I should say
Parents wishing for their children
To achieve life's ultimate ideal
That perfect life
Imparts to them their beliefs
And the whats wrong and right
To life I say yea
To be continued another day
                                                         By Washington Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment